ThermiVa feminine rejuvenation, provided by the Medical Aesthetics Center of Dr. Frank Fechner, in Worcester, Massachusetts, is ideal for women aged 18 or older who are in good general health and have a positive attitude and realistic expectations.
Other indications that ThermiVa is right for you include:
- Normal pap smear and physical within two years.
- Negative urinalysis if you are prone to urinary tract infections.
- Vaginal looseness and a sensation of friction.
- You are unhappy with how your labia majora looks, particularly when wearing leggings, jeans or sports clothes.
- Sexual intercourse leaves you dissatisfied.
- You have difficulty retaining tampons or may have a fallen rectum or bladder.
- You suffer from urinary leakage or incontinence.
- You are suffering from a dry vagina or labia due to the effects of menopause.
Indications that ThermiVa may not be the best form of treatment for you include:
- Cardiac devices such as AICDs (auxiliary internal cardiac devices), defibrillators, mechanical valves, pacemakers, or any device that is affected by radio-frequency energy.
- Current urinary tract infection.
- Active herpes or sexually transmitted disease (STD) outbreak. Please let us know if you have a history of herpes or STD. This will not exclude you from treatment but will require a pre-treatment with medications.
- Greater than stage two prolapse of a pelvic organ.
- Recent surgical treatment to the vagina or fillers may need alternative treatment.